Wednesday, July 20, 2022

99. Inspector Flytrap: The President's Mane is Missing


Inspector Flytrap: The President's Mane is Missing. (Inspector Flytrap #2) Tom Angleberger. Illustrated by Cece Bell. 2016. 112 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: My phone rang.“Hello,” I said. “Flytrap Detective Agency.”A slow voice started asking me questions. “Is this . . . Mr. Flytrap?” “My name,” I answered, “is INSPECTOR Flytrap. I am a detective. Do you have a THRILLING mystery for me to solve?”

Premise/plot: Inspector Flytrap and Nina the Goat are back for their second adventure in Angleberger's wonderfully wacky world. President Horse G. Horse is revealing a new statue of great importance...at least in his eyes...a giant statue of himself....but after Nina's unfortunate snacking...the town finds itself in great danger. Can Inspector Flytrap SOLVE the case as to why a GIANT VENUS FLY is tormenting the town???

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I did. It was fun. It was wacky, silly, whimsical, over the top. I love Nina the Goat. She's a scene stealer for sure. I do recommend this series. But you might want to read the Inspector Flytrap series first. If you've read the other books set in this universe, well, these first entries might be less satisfying. [Didi Dodo has three books and DJ Funkyfoot has three books.]

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: