Sunday, July 17, 2022

94. Cat Ninja: The Silent Master of Kat Fu


Cat Ninja (book 1) The Silent Master of Kat Fu. Matthew Cody. Illustrated by Yehudi Mercado. 2020. 160 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Metro City. You may have found my secret lair, Cat Ninja, but you're too late! Your feeble feline brain is no match for Master Hamster!

Here we have another cat battling evil in Matthew Cody's Cat Ninja. As a kitten, Claude was trained as a ninja by a previous owner. Now Claude has a 'new' family. Marcie and Leon have no idea that their pets, Mr. Squeaks and Claude, have secret identities. Mr. Squeaks is EVIL Master Hamster, and Claude is battling evil as as Cat Ninja. So what will happen when their dad buys a dog????

The book contains several 'chapters' of adventures. Each is like an episode. 

The Great Hamster Heist
Le Chat Noir!
You Only Live 9 Times
The Life and Times of the Fury Roach
Family Squabbles

I had different reactions to each chapter. Some chapters I enjoyed. Some I really did not. I thought some chapters were delightful and fun. And others more drudgery? Though I think that is 100% subjective. I think there will be plenty of readers who will stay engaged the whole way through. I lost interest.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: