Saturday, July 30, 2022

119. Fitz and Cleo Get Creative


Fitz and Cleo Get Creative (Fitz and Cleo #2) Jonathan Stutzman and Heather Fox. 2022. [March] 80 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence:
Cleo: Grrr. Sigh.
Fitz: Don't like the book?
Cleo: No! I LOVE the book. That's the problem! The characters in them have so many awesome adventures! Daring escapes! Epic battles!
Fitz: What's the matter, then?
Cleo: Why can't I ever have adventures like these? I want to climb misty mountains! Find magical swords! Get cursed by witches and turned into a rat! Sail across great seas and battle mighty monsters! Where is MY fantastic adventure, Fitz?

Premise/plot: Fitz and Cleo are about to....wait for it, wait for it...get creative in their newest graphic novel early chapter book adventure. This one has dozens of little adventures leading to one big production....but the creative journey is anything but easy....

My thoughts: My absolute favorite story is WRITE NOW. I think it should be required reading for anyone who has ever thought--even for thirty minutes--that they want to be a writer. I also loved, loved, loved the story ONCE UPON A TIME. 

I enjoyed the friendship between these two ghost siblings. They are cute, adorable, sweet, and anything but scary. Mister Boo (the cat) is still around though not the star of the show in this second book.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: