First sentence: Goodnight glowing moon up high.../ Goodnight stars. Goodnight sky.
Premise/plot: Love reading? Love art? This rhyming board book combines ART with the oh-so-familiar game of peek-a-boo. And if that wasn't enough, it is also a lovely bedtime book! So the art being shared with little ones:
- Vincent van Gogh's The Starry Night
- Berthe Morisot's The Cradle
- Henri Rousseau's The Sleeping Gypsy
- Franz Marc's The White Cat
- Diego Rivera's Delfina and Dimas
- Vincent van Gogh's The Bedroom
My thoughts: This was a lovely, charming book. I would have loved it even without the peek-a-boo feature. The rhyming text goes so well with the artwork they've selected to highlight. Many pages--though not all--feature a die-cut that allows a peek-a-boo effect with each piece of art. The text is definitely art-driven!
© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers