Sunday, July 17, 2022

95. Mia Mayhem is a Superhero!


Mia Mayhem Is a Superhero! Kara West. Illustrated by Leeza Hernandez. 2018. 128 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Okay, I know this doesn't look good. It definitely seems like a tornado just blew through my house. I spilled a whole bag of flour, broke a window, ran through the screen door, was licked by a bunch of dogs, and even got my shoe stuck in a tree. But I have an excuse. Really, I do. It's been a super-exciting day.

Premise/plot: Mia Macarooney gets an unexpected letter at the opening of the book; it's a letter that will change everything. Turns out, she's a SUPERHERO, well, will be with a little training. Her parents are supers too. 

My thoughts: This early chapter book was delightful. I enjoyed it. Mia is a fun protagonist, a relatable one. I liked the chaos and mayhem of this one.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: