Friday, July 22, 2022

103. Waffles and Pancake


Waffles and Pancake: Planetary Yum (Waffles and Pancake #1) 2021. [October 26] 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Pancake, it's Saturday! Hooray! No school today, Waffles! Let's watch cartoons! Let's wear pajamas all day! 

Premise/plot: Waffles and Pancake are a brother-sister duo starring in Drew Brockington's graphic novel series for young readers. Dad-Cat has Waffles and Pancake for the weekend (or perhaps the week?) and he's decided that they will go to the science museum for the day. Many adventures and a few misadventures follow as these three spend the day at the museum. 

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I liked Waffles. I liked Pancake. I liked Dad-cat. It was a very fun, playful, and somewhat sweet read.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: