Tuesday, July 26, 2022

113. Fitz and Cleo


Fitz and Cleo #1 Jonathan Stutzman. 2021. Illustrated by Heather Fox. 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: THUMP! Was that you? No, I'm right next to you. What do you think it is? I don't know. It sounds angry. 

Premise/plot: Fitz and Cleo are cute, adorable ghost siblings... This is the first in a new early reader graphic novel. In the first chapter, readers meet MISTER BOO an equally adorable [non-ghost] kitty-kitty-cat. Mister Boo loves, loves, loves his new friends. He especially loves to nap on Fitz's head!!! There are so many "little" adventures packed into this first book. Each story is short--yet fun. Not much happens, but it happens so joyfully I didn't mind.

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I had my doubts. I'm not the biggest for ghost protagonists. But Fitz and Cleo are so non-threatening, so non-scary, so cute, adorable, sweet...that I didn't mind a bit. But what really won me over was MISTER BOO. I love cats. I do. And Mister Boo is no exception. It was just a fun book cover to cover. 

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: