Sunday, July 17, 2022

93. Max Meow Cat Crusader


Cat Crusader (Max Meow #1) John Gallagher. 2020. 240 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Welcome to the furr-ociously cool city of Kittyopolis! 

Max Meow wasn't always the Cat Crusader. His super powers came to him AFTER a visit to his good friend Mindy's science lab. Now that he has powers, well, he's battling all sorts of evil in town. But sometimes it seems to get the best of him, and, well leads to humiliation and misunderstanding. Is having super powers a blessing or a curse?

Confession time: I have a hard time "reading" graphic novels or comic books. I think it takes a whole different set of skills. I've always thought I had good reading comprehension--for the most part--but graphic novels are hard. If my comprehension slips on even one panel, it can snowball into confusion. It can even be difficult to rewind (flip backwards) to see where exactly I went wrong. Thus was the case with this one. I was following the story for the most part...until....well I don't want to spoil this one. I liked it well enough. But I didn't love, love, love it.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: