Saturday, July 23, 2022

106. Nacho's Nachos


Nacho's Nachos: The Story Behind the World's Favorite Snack. Sandra Nickel. Illustrated by Oliver Dominguez. 2020. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: In 1895, a baby boy was born in northern Mexico. His name was Ignacio Anaya, and like a lot of Ignacios, he was called Nacho for short.

Premise/plot: What you see is exactly what you get. This picture book is the story of how nachos were 'invented.' It is the story of the man behind the super tasty snack. The magic happened in the Victory Club in 1940...

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. It was fun and informative. I liked the text and the illustrations. I personally have never thought of the origin of nachos. I took their deliciousness for granted. Surely, nachos have always been a thing, right? Wrong. I wouldn't mind more picture books like this.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: