Monday, July 18, 2022

97. Daisy Dreamer and the Totally True Imaginary Friend


Daisy Dreamer and the Totally True Imaginary Friend. (Daisy Dreamer #1) Holly Anna. Illustrated by Genevieve Santos. 2017. 128 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: "Knock, knock!" "Who's there?" "Mom." "Mom who?" "Mom who's about to come get you out of bed if you don't wake up, Daisy Dreamer!" 

Daisy Dreamer and the Totally True Imaginary Friend is the first in an illustrated chapter book series by Holly Anna. Daisy is a dreamer. The book opens with her reluctantly-oh-so-reluctantly waking up (so she can go to school). Within a few pages, I knew Daisy and I might just have been kindred spirits (as kids anyway). 

Quote: "If I can't stay in bed, then I'll bring my bed with me!" I hide under my blanket and walk slowly down the hall. My blanket is actually a magical robe that makes me invisible. Now I can sleep and no one will see me." 

In this first adventure, Daisy doodles a drawing and that doodle comes to life. Posey is the "totally true imaginary friend" that has sprung to life. The book ends with Posey promising much adventure...

I liked this one. I absolutely loved the beginning. I enjoyed the rest of the novel but perhaps not so much as those first few pages. Still overall, it was a fun and entertaining read.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: