Thursday, July 21, 2022

101. Bug Scouts: Out in the Wild!


Out in the Wild (Bug Scouts) Mike Lowery. 2022. 64 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Welcome to Bug Scouts! 

Premise/plot: A group of friends--bug friends--have fun in the scouts--bug scouts--in this graphic novel for very young readers. Doug, Abby, Josh, Luna, etc. are some of the bug friends young readers will "meet" in the text. They are at a meeting and on a quest to get a new badge. But getting badges isn't always as straightforward as it seems. Sometimes unexpected things hop up--literally. 

My thoughts: I liked this one okay. My favorite character was Josh a grumpy spider who does not want to actually be a bug scout. One of his badges is for EATING CHEESE. (His other badges are for being a great sitter and having the best frown.) I could relate to Josh--or at least I could have as a kid (and that is what matters). 


 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers2

No comments: