Wednesday, July 12, 2023

169. Extraordinary Warren's World


Extraordinary Warren's World. (Previously published as Extraordinary Warren and Extraordinary Warren Saves the Day) Sarah Dillard. 2020. 128 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Once there was a chicken. Just an ordinary, average, run-of-the-mill chicken. He lived in a little barnyard on a quiet farm. His name was Warren.

Premise/plot: Warren is a chicken who does not want to be ordinary. However, in his quest to be extraordinary--or supreme, as the case may be--he's a bit gullible and naive. Will Warren (and the other chicks and chickens) be safe in the barnyard? 

My thoughts: I enjoyed this early graphic novel chapter book. Did I love, love, love it? Maybe not that enthusiastically. But I enjoyed it--solidly. I don't regret my time. I liked getting to know Warren and Egg. 

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: