Monday, July 10, 2023

166. There's A Cow In My Bed


There's a Cow in My Bed. Daniel Fehr. Illustrated by Jorge Martin. 2023. 36 pages. [Source: Library] [Picture book]

First sentence: "Why are you still up, dear?" "I can't go to bed, Dad...there's a cow in my bed!"

Premise/plot: A little girl struggles to go to bed. Her dad is firm that it IS bedtime--no matter what. But is she telling the truth? Well, the answer might surprise you! 

My thoughts: Is there more than one way to interpret this silly tale? Probably. Am I going to go with the interpretation that the little girl is telling the truth? Probably. This bedtime read is SO silly and fun. In part, I think it is so fun--joyous even--is because of the illustrations. (If you like the illustrations on the cover, chances are you'll like the interior illustrations as well). There will always be room for silly bedtime books.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: