Monday, July 3, 2023

146. Kitty-Cam (Critter-Cam)


Kitty-Cam (Ready to Read, Pre-Level 1) Margie Palatini. Illustrated by Dan Yaccarino. 2023. [June] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Jump, Kitty. Jump. Jump. Jump. Dunk, Kitty. Dunk. Dunk. Dunk. Dunk. 

Premise/plot: The kitty that stars in this early reader is wearing a camera to capture the antics of day-to-day life. The illustrations show ALL the action. First from an outsider perspective, second through the cat's first-person perspective. The illustrations are super-expressive. For example, when the cat is "hunting" the fish. 

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one! It is gimmicky. I won't lie about that. If the premise of a cat wearing a camera appeals to you, then the book will probably delight. Definitely for cat lovers, pet lovers, etc. It's a simple book. But for me--as a cat lover--I just loved every page of this one.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: