Sunday, July 9, 2023

163. Arfy and the Stinky Smell


Arfy and the Stinky Smell. (Step Into Reading, Step 2, A Comic Reader) Troy Cummings. 2023. [May] 32 pages. [Source: Library] [Early reader]

First sentence: My name is Arfy. Woof! I am a dog. And dogs love to smell. I smell lunch. I smell my bed. I smell my sweet person. I am so good at smelling! But today I smell a new smell. A stinky smell!

Premise/plot: Arfy smells a stinky smell. Can Arfy find out WHAT stinks so bad? 

My thoughts: This was a cute, funny early reader. It says it's a comic reader, but, really from what I can tell it just means that the dog's thoughts are in bubbles. I think this one would appeal to young readers who enjoy dogs, pets, and humor. It isn't too big a mystery to guess who is stinky!

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: