Saturday, July 8, 2023

159. Board book: I Love You, Little Truck


Board book: I Love You, Little Truck. David and Stephanie Miles. Illustrated by Natasha Molins. 2023. [January] 24 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Evening had come
in star-dusted art.
"I love you," said Big Truck,
"With all of my heart."
Little Truck smiled,
Then it sank to a frown.
"But what about times
I might let you down?"

Premise/plot: Truck-themed board book about unconditional love written in rhyme.

My thoughts: What you see is what you get. If you are tired of animals STEALING the show when it comes to showcasing unconditional love--familial unconditional love, then this is the book for you. Since trucks and construction vehicles are ever-popular with little ones, it's a good match, in my opinion. Why not talking trucks instead of talking bunnies?

I enjoyed this one.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: