Saturday, July 8, 2023

161. What Bear Likes Best


What Bear Likes Best: Rhymes for Children. Erwin Moser. Translated by Alistair Beaton. 2023. [April] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: The eagle's sitting on her nest.
A walk is what the bear loves best.
The parrot's longing to be free.
The little chick says, "Look at me!"
The hippo's wading through the mud.
The beaver's dam's about to flood.

Premise/plot: Looking for rhyming couplets? Rhyming couplets that star all sorts of different animals? Perhaps this poetry book will be a good fit for you. Each spread rhymes with each other. There is no cohesive story.

My thoughts: These rhyming books are beginning to grow on me the more I read them. I do like the rhythm and rhyme of it. As long as your expectations are reasonable. Now that I know more what to expect, I'm liking them more.

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: