Friday, February 17, 2023

47. How To Draw a Happy Cat


How To Draw A Happy Cat. Ethan T. Berlin. Illustrated by Jimbo Matison. 2022. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Learning how to draw a happy cat is fun and easy! First, draw two rounded triangles. Next, draw two triangles for ears and two big dots for eyes. Then add a triangle for a nose and lines for stripes and whiskers. Now, draw legs and a tail. Add some color! Finally, add a mouth. Hmm, she doesn't look very happy. What do you think she wants?

Premise/plot: Will this newly drawn cat ever be happy and stay happy? Or will this cat keep the illustrator busy drawing more, more, more, more. This story soon becomes quite elaborate and silly. 

My thoughts: I love cats. I do. I was immediately drawn to this one--pun intended--because of the cover. I like the silliness of this one. It is cute, funny, a bit ridiculous. I love the interactive nature of this one.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: