Thursday, February 9, 2023

35. Lily to the Rescue: The Three Bears


The Three Bears (Lily to the Rescue #8) W. Bruce Cameron. 2022. 144 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Everyone knows that Maggie Rose is my girl, and I am her dog. Even squirrels know, because they see me coming at the end of my leash, and they scamper quickly up a tree and then stare down at me. 

Premise/plot: This Lily-to-the-Rescue book might contain the most action of all in the series. After a mama bear is "rescued" and brought into surgery, it is learned that she has recently had cubs. They need to be found quickly. The whole family sets out [perhaps with some other workers/employees] to look for the bear cubs. Lily, of course, goes along. As does the family's other dog. Bryan, Maggie Rose, and Craig are only supposed to look for the cubs on the trail....but when they follow a deer off the trail, well, this grand adventure turns into a misadventure fast. Can these three siblings and two dogs survive in the mountains all night long?????

My thoughts: I would say this one was so compelling I had to read it in one sitting, but, I read all the Lily books in one sitting. Nevertheless, it was packed with action and adventure. There are some "in peril" moments that would have definitely had me on the edge of my seat if I'd been younger. 

I do enjoy this series. If there were more books [there don't appear to be anymore at this point] I would definitely read them.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: