Friday, February 3, 2023

25. Sabrina Sue Loves the Sky


Sabrina Sue Loves the Sky. Priscilla Burris. 2023. [January] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Sabrina Sue lived on a farm. She loved being outside and looking up at the sky. She saw lots of birds flying around. They looked so happy and free! I am a bird, Sabrina Sue thought. I want to fly too! 

Premise/plot: Sabrina Sue is a chicken who wants to FLY. Will she get the chance to fly???

My thoughts: I expected a humorous book about a chicken who wanted to fly...and that's exactly what I got. I expected a twist by the end...and again I got that twist ending. Was it the twist ending I thought it would be? No. Since my guess was wrong, I'll share my wrong guess with you. I guessed that she would "fly" in an airplane to make her dreams come true. 

Looking back, my guess seems silly since the cover gives it away. But I guess that just shows how rarely I look to a cover for clues!

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like a super fun book! Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

This looks like a super fun book! Thank you for sharing.