Wednesday, February 8, 2023

31. Lily to the Rescue: The Misfit Donkey


Lily to the Rescue #6: The Misfit Donkey. 2021. 144 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Maggie Rose is my girl. I am her dog. In my opinion, this means we should be together every moment. 

Premise/plot: Lily revisits her friends the pigs [whom she met in an earlier book in the series] and meets a new friend, a donkey named Burrito. Burrito is having trouble fitting in/belonging. He's sold...but the other donkeys--older donkeys, don't want anything to do with him at all. Burrito LOVES the pigs from his old place and smells like a pig. Can Lily (who also smells like a pig) help Burrito fit into his new home? And will this lead to a bath???

My thoughts: I do love this series overall. This particular book in the series is fairly uneventful. Bryan, Maggie Rose's brother, goes with Maggie Rose, Lily, and their mom to the farm[s]. Bryan makes a possible new friend and discovers he likes horses. But other than learning that Lily likes to smell horse poop [I could have gone my whole life without needing to know that] not much happens. That being said, Lily is as adorable as ever.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: