Friday, February 10, 2023

36. Squirrel in the Museum


Squirrel in the Museum. Vivian Vande Velde. 2019. 112 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I am a very highly educated squirrel. I always paid attention to my mother's life lessons. Some of my mother's life lessons: Don't let an owl eat you. Don't let a weasel eat you. Don't let a fox eat you. Don't let a wolf eat you. 

Premise/plot: Twitch the Squirrel tags along on a field trip to a museum. Twitch normally sticks close to the school, but his curiosity about wolves leads him to want to go on a field trip with a class visiting the museum. He sees many, many, many rooms in the museum. Plenty of misadventures/adventures are had. Not everyone--especially the adults--want a squirrel in the museum. In fact, there's a frantic attempt to CAPTURE the squirrel and get him out, out, out. 

My thoughts: I thought this was a funny read. It's been years since I've read previous books in this series. But it could easily be read as a stand alone. Twitch is just an absolute delight as a narrator. What I would call a hoot. 

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: