Monday, February 13, 2023

43. Mister Kitty is Lost


Mister Kitty is Lost! Greg Pizzoli. 2023. [January] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Mister Kitty is Lost! Can you help me find him? Have you seen Mister Kitty? He is hiding somewhere inside this book. Will you turn the pages and help me look? Mister Kitty has 5 yellow spots. Do you see five yellow spots?

Premise/plot: Mister Kitty is Lost! is an interactive read to share with young ones. Most pages--if not all--ask a question [or two]. This one has plenty of opportunities for adults and little ones to interact not only with each other but with the text, the book, itself. 

My thoughts: I absolutely loved this one. I loved the suspense. I was expecting a surprise regarding Mister Kitty's appearance/identity. I was not disappointed. I didn't know exactly *what* to expect, but I knew there had to be a humorous twist. Something that made Mister Kitty super-unique. I loved the humor of this one. I loved the interactive nature of this one. It reminds me of some of my favorite preschool programs.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: