Wednesday, February 8, 2023

30. Lily to the Rescue: Lost Little Leopard


Lost Little Leopard (Lily to the Rescue #5). W. Bruce Cameron. Illustrated by Jennifer L. Meyer. 2021. 144 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I was playing in the backyard with my girl, Maggie Rose, and my friend friend Brewster. Well, Maggie Rose and I were playing. Brewster was watching. Watching is something Brewster does a lot. Napping is something he does even more. Maggie Rose is my girl, and I am her dog. We were playing my favorite game in the entire world, which is Give-Lily-a-Treat. But Maggie Rose ketp getting it wrong.

Premise/plot: Lily helps a lost little [Amur] leopard in this installment of Lily to the Rescue. Lily proves herself essential or vital to the leopard's well-being. What will happen when the leopard finds a new home/sanctuary/zoo??? Will Lily have to move with the leopard???

My thoughts: I love this series so much. I love reading the adventures and misadventures of this adorable, sweet, helpful dog. I love the family dynamics. I love the formula of this series. If you love one of these books, you'll love them all. (And I do love them all. Or at least all the ones I've read.)


 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: