Monday, November 28, 2022

200. Green is for Christmas


Green is for Christmas. Drew Daywalt. Illustrated by Oliver Jeffers. 2022. [October 18] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Green is for Christmas. Actually, Red is for Christmas, but please tell me more. Green is for Christmas. Green is for holly. 

Premise/plot: The crayons are back for their billionth adventure. I am exaggerating. There haven't been [quite] that many books. The colors are all arguing which is the best [again]. Which crayon IS the color OF CHRISTMAS.

My thoughts: The premise is simple. I'm not sure we need thirty-two pages to get to the [predictable] resolution that all the colors are important to Christmas. But I think if you absolutely loved the original few stories in this series, then this one probably would be worth reading.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: