Tuesday, November 15, 2022

195. Creepy Carrots!


Creepy Carrots! Aaron Reynolds. Illustrated by Peter Brown. 2012. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Jasper Rabbit had a passion for carrots. And the carrots that grew in Crackenhopper Field were the best. Fat. Crisp. And free for the taking.

Premise/plot: Jasper LOVES, LOVES, LOVES carrots. Especially the carrots from Crackenhopper Field. But when THOSE CARROTS start following him???? Well, those creepy carrots might just drive him to give up carrots forever. 

My thoughts: A few weeks ago, I met Jasper Rabbit in Creepy Crayon. I really loved that one; it was the THIRD book in the series. I knew I had to track down the other books starring Jasper! This one was so atmospheric! It was so fun in a deliciously creepy--think Twilight Zone--way. The text and illustrations are the perfect combination for this vibe.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: