Saturday, November 12, 2022

192. Thanks a Million


Thanks a Million. Nikki Grimes. Illustrated by Cozbi A. Cabrera. 2006. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Reward
"Thank you"
is a seed I plant
in the garden
of your heart.
Your smile
is the flower.
A slow and sweet surprise,
it blooms before my eyes!

Premise/plot: A picture book poetry collection containing sixteen poems by Nikki Grimes. It is a themed collection. There are many ways to show/express gratitude or thankfulness. There are many reasons to be thankful [to give thanks]. 

My thoughts: This is not particularly a "Thanksgiving Day" themed picture book. I am glad of that, in a way. One should be thankful 365 days of the year. Gratitude is an attitude that one should strive towards every day. I appreciated the variety of the poems. There are MANY, MANY things to be thankful for.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: