Saturday, November 5, 2022

183. Click, Clack, Rainy Day


Click, Clack Rainy Day. Doreen Cronin. Illustrated by Betsy Lewin. 2022. [May] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: It is raining on the farm. The rain rolls off the roof of the house. The rain rolls off the roof of the barn. The rain rolls off the roof of the tractor shed. Farmer Brown stays in the house. Farmer Brown does not like to be wet. The rain makes a drip sound. The rain makes a drop sound. The rain makes a drip-drop sound on the window. 

Premise/plot: Level two reader in a popular children's book series. For young readers who are already familiar with these famous--or infamous--cows and their farmer [Farmer Brown] there is much to love. The cows are super contrary. While Farmer Brown and all the others HATE getting wet in the rain, these cows--the very same cows who wanted electric blankets to stay warm--love, love, love the wet, rainy weather.

My thoughts: The more you love the original series, the more I think you will probably appreciate this installment. I haven't read each and every book in the series, but there are certainly books in this series that I absolutely love, love, love and adore. I liked this one very much. I liked how contrary the cows were! The book was definitely on the silly side. I liked the rhythmic repetition.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: