Monday, November 28, 2022

199. Busy Betty


Busy Betty. Reese Witherspoon. Illustrated by Xindi Yan. 2022. [October 4] 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Hi! Hello! Howdy! I'm Betty! I like doing things and making things and playing all day long! Sweet cinnamon biscuits, I love being busy!

Premise/plot: Betty, our super-cute-and-adorable heroine, is busy, busy, busy. She's always got a dozen things going at once. She isn't always the best at getting the job done, finishing what she starts, follow through, but she gives it her all. With a little help from friends and family, Betty generally gets back on track.

My thoughts: I thought the illustrations were super adorable. I absolutely loved how expressive and precious they were. True, not every reader wants precious, adorable, sweet. But I really enjoyed the illustrations. The story itself is funny [slightly predictable] and enjoyable.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: