Wednesday, November 2, 2022

177. Lily to the Rescue: The Not So Stinky Skunk


The Not So Stinky Skunk (Lily to the Rescue #3) W. Bruce Cameron. 2020. 144 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: "Lily, Lily, Lily!" Maggie Rose said to me. "We're going camping, Lily!" Maggie Rose is my girl, and I am her dog. When she is happy, I am very happy. When she is excited, I am very excited. She was obviously excited and happy at this moment, so I jumped up to put my feet on her knees and then dropped down to run in circles around the kitchen. Whatever was going on, it was the best!

Premise/plot: Maggie Rose and her dad are going on a special father-daughter camping trip (and bringing Lily, of course). He'll be working, in part, relocating prairie dogs. But this qualifies as quality family time as well. On the trip, Lily encounters a not-stinky skunk. She is NOT sprayed. The dad realizes this skunk needs help because without the ability to spray the skunk will be helpless when it comes to defense. So with a little help from Lily they rescue the skunk and take her to a safe place.

My thoughts: I really love Lily. I do. I love the narrative voice of Lily in these early chapter books. (Animal fantasy if you want to be super specific). I love seeing the world through a dog's perspective. Lily is super cute and adorable.

I definitely recommend the series as a whole. This would be a great series to read with your young readers.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: