Monday, November 28, 2022

198. Loud Mouse


Loud Mouse: How A Little Mouse Found Her Big Voice. Cara Mentzel and Idina Menzel. Illustrated by Jaclyn Sinquett. 2022. [September] 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Dee loved to sing. 

Premise/plot: Dee (the cute, adorable mouse heroine) loves, loves, loves to sing. It makes her so incredibly happy. When she sings for show and tell at school, however, she learns a little life lesson. There's a slight hiccup [aka conflict] in the story, but it's not a huge problem to overcome. [It reminded me of how quickly conflict enters and exits in a sitcom like Full House].

My thoughts: I liked it well enough. I did. It was cute, sweet, adorable. It was a little text-heavy, perhaps. And it is slightly longer than the typical picture book. The message itself while not unique--be the best you, you can be--is not horrible. 

I liked the beginning. I liked the ending. The middle is confusing. Her physically changing sizes is slightly weird.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: