Friday, May 17, 2019

Starstruck: The Cosmic Journey of Neil Degrasse Tyson

Starstruck: The Cosmic Journey of Neil Degrasse Tyson. Kathleen Krull and Paul Brewer. Illustrated by Frank Morrison. 2018. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence:  Our universe began its dance with what scientists call the Big Bang.

Premise/plot: This is a picture book biography of Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

My thoughts: I like this one. I don't love, love, love it. Perhaps because of all the big bang theory stuff at the very beginning. But his biography is interesting. I don't love the illustrations. I thought they were semi-realistic--somewhere between cartoonish and realistic. I would say the humans were drawn fun-house mirror style. This bothered me more than it should have.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10

© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: