Monday, May 13, 2019

Unicorn and Yeti 2: A Good Team

A Good Team (Unicorn and Yeti #2) Heather Ayris Burnell. Illustrated by Hazel Quintanilla. 2019. Scholastic. 64 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Unicorn saw Yeti kick the ball.

Premise/plot: The first book in the series is Sparkly New Friends. This second book features three more adventures: "The Ball," "A Race," and "On Ice." In chapter one, the two friends TRY to play ball together. But can unicorn catch and throw a ball?! In chapter two, the two friends race each other. But can Yeti run as fast as unicorn? In chapter three, the two friends go ice skating--a new activity for both of them. Can unicorn ice skate? How about Yeti?

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I don't know if my favorite story was the one about playing ball or ice skating. But it definitely was not the racing one. Still two out of three isn't bad when it comes to stories. I don't know that I love this series enough to want there to be thirty books in the series....but I wouldn't mind a few more.

© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: