Thursday, May 9, 2019

Hello, Crabby!

Hello, Crabby! (Book #1) Jonathan Fenske. 2019. Scholastic. 48 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Today is just another day at the beach.

Premise/plot: Hello, Crabby! is a new early reader series by Jonathan Fenske. There are several stories in this one: "The Beach" (which guest stars BARNACLE from Barnacle is Bored), "The Crabby Crab," "The Joke," and "The Cake." (The last three guest star PLANKTON from Plankton is Pushy.) The stories are delightfully silly. For example, in "The Beach," Barnacle is trying to warn his friend that a WAVE is coming. Crabby thinks that Barnacle is wanting him to wave at him. Needless to say CRABBY gets hit by the wave. It shouldn't come as a surprise that Plankton pushes his way into THREE stories while poor Barnacle is only in one.

My thoughts: BARNACLE IS BORED is one of my favorite, favorite, favorite stories to read aloud. I just love it. I enjoyed Plankton is Pushy. So I was THRILLED when I realized that Hello, Crabby! is by Jonathan Fenske. I would definitely recommend this early reader.



© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: