Saturday, February 27, 2010

Morris the Moose


Morris the Moose. B. Wiseman. 1959. HarperCollins. 32 pages.

One day Morris the Moose saw a cow. "You are a funny-looking moose," he said.
"I am a cow. I am not a Moose!" said the cow.
"You have four legs and a tail and things on your head," said Morris.
"You are a moose."


Are you familiar with Morris the Moose? He's been around awhile. I didn't grow up with this one, but I did know Morris Goes To School.

Morris the Moose is about a moose who is convinced that any creature with four legs, a tail, and "things" on its head, must be a moose. Silly logic. Reminds me of one of my favorite Veggie Tales Silly Songs, the Monkey song.

If you (or your little one) like silly books then this one might be for you!

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: