Thursday, February 18, 2010

Don't Worry Bear


Don't Worry Bear. Greg Foley. 2008. [March 2008] Penguin. 32 pages.

Late one afternoon, a little bear found a caterpillar hard at work. "What are you doing?" asked Bear.
"I'm making a cocoon," said Caterpillar. "I'll stay inside for a while. But I promise you'll see me again."


Bear is worried. Very worried. He's met a new friend. A caterpillar. One preparing his cocoon. First Bear is worried that his new friend is going to get scared of the dark or too wet or cold. But again and again his friend assures him (and reassures him) that there's no reason to worry. Everything will be just fine. What can this little bear learn from a good friend? I like this one because I can identify with Bear.

Follow-up to Thank You Bear.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: