Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Looking for A Moose


Root, Phyllis. 2006. (2008 Paperback). Looking for a Moose. Illustrated by Randy Cecil.

Before I read Looking for A Moose, I admit that I never thought it could be that fun to look for a moose. But this playful (and repetitive) book has made a believer out of me. The fun Root has with language is contagious. Really contagious. Here is how it begins, "Have you ever seen a moose--a long-leggy moose--a branchy-antler, dinner-diving, bulgy-nose moose?" "No! We've never, ever, ever, ever, ever seen a moose. And we really, really, really, really want to see a moose." So these four kids (and a dog) go on an adventure to search one out. Do they find one? You'll just have to read for yourself and see! It's fun, you'll just have to trust me on that.

I thought the illustrations were great. I loved the tone and colors of the book.

No comments: