Tuesday, May 23, 2023

116. Cowy Cow


Board book: Cowy Cow. Chris Raschka. 2014. 24 pages. [Source: Library] [Link to cover image]

First sentence: Cowy Cow has one hundred ideas. Here are some of her ideas. Number 79: Green is the best color ever. Number 34: If you chew grass long enough, it might taste like a gluten-free oatmeal raisin cookie. Cowy Cow, have you ever tasted a gluten-free oatmeal raisin cookie?

Premise/plot: Board book to read aloud to little ones. (Farm books should be their own genre or sub-genre.)

My thoughts: I definitely enjoyed Cowy Cow. What you should expect: silliness, more silliness, even more silliness. A genius cow with "one hundred" ideas shares two of her ideas in this board book. 

When I first read Cowy Cow I was not a special gluten-free diet. Now that I am, it personally works for me a little bit better. Is this humor kid-humor???? I don't know. I really don't. I can see how someone might read this one cover to cover and be like THIS GOT PUBLISHED? But I liked it more than not.

I liked the illustrations.

 

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: