Thursday, May 4, 2023

103. Woo Hoo You're Doing Great!


Woo Hoo! You're Doing Great! Sandra Boynton. 2023. [April] 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Have you been feeling king of low? A little lost? a little slow? Perhaps unsure of what to do? And how to do it? Is that you? Or are you feeling quite upended? Underprepared and overextended? Or is it ALL too much for you? So much to learn. So much to do.  WELL, I CAN HELP YOU! YES, INDEED! I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED...

Premise/plot: Who wouldn't want a super-excited, enthusiastic chicken cheering them on?!?!?! 

My thoughts: I really LOVED this one. It was silly, exuberant, over-the-top (but in a good way). I loved every spread of this one.  I haven't read that many books (most of them are board books, I believe???) by Sandra Boynton. I don't know if these characters are familiar and beloved stars of previous books? But even knowing very little about these characters, I was super happy to spend time with them in this rhyming picture book.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: