Wednesday, May 17, 2023

110. Nat the Cat Takes a Bath


Nat the Cat Takes a Bath (Ready to Read: Pre-Level One) Jarrett Lerner. 2023. [May] 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: This is Nat. Nat is a cat. Nat the Cat is going to take a bath. I said, Nat the Cat is going to take a bath. Why are you not taking a bath, Nat the Cat?

Premise/plot: Nat the Cat does NOT want to take a bath. Can the narrator of the book get Nat in the bath? (Hint: It might take most of the thirty-two pages!)

My thoughts: I love books where the narrator and the protagonist banter. I do. I also love, love, love, love cats. (And this one stars an adorable gray tabby cat named Nat). This was a fun early reader. It has more story to it than the early readers I grew up with!

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: