Tuesday, May 2, 2023

100. BugBlock


Board book: Bugblock. Christopher Franceschelli. Illustrated by Peski Studio. 2023. [April] 84 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Bugs are incredible! They have lived on earth since before the dinosaurs. Scientists who study bugs are called entomologists. 

Premise/plot: This is an insect-themed, bug-themed board book for young readers. This is part of Abrams' "Block" series of board books. This one is more informational and nonfiction than the other books in the series, I think. (Though I suppose many can be considered 'concept' books.) It is packed with facts.

My thoughts: I don't particularly like bugs or insects. I do like good nonfiction. This one is full of interesting information. While it may not appeal to every single little one, there will be plenty who will enjoy it.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: