Wednesday, August 18, 2021

118. Sydney and Taylor Take a Flying Leap


Sydney and Taylor Take A Flying Leap (Sydney and Taylor #2) Jacqueline Davies. Illustrated by Deborah Hocking. 2021. [August] 80 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Sydney was dreaming. In his dream, he wandered through the backyard. Every few steps he found a tuna fish sandwich! It was a wonderful dream.

Premise/plot: Sydney (skunk) and Taylor (hedgehog) are back starring in their second adventure. In this one, Taylor has a BIG idea. Perhaps his biggest idea so far. Sydney is concerned--really concerned--that this big idea could lead to a CATASTROPHE. Taylor thinks Sydney is NOT being a good friend because he isn't as excited and thrilled and supportive as he could should be. So what's the big idea??? Taylor wants to FLY.

My thoughts: My first introduction to Sydney and Taylor was the upcoming Sydney and Taylor and the Great Friend Expedition. It releases in February 2022. I loved that one so much that I knew I had to read the first two books in the series. I got my hands on the first book in the series in July, Sydney and Taylor Explore the Whole Wide World. I think the third book is still my absolute favorite and best. But I enjoyed the first two books as well.

My favorite quote:

"I have a Big Idea!" shouted Taylor. Sydney sighed. "You had a Big Idea on Thursday. You had a Big Idea on Friday. Today is Saturday. Can you ignore this Big Idea for the weekend?" asked Sydney. Taylor tried. He looked at the ceiling. He looked at the floor. He looked at his paws and his belly and the tip of his nose. "No!" he said. "A Big Idea cannot be ignored."

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: