Sunday, August 22, 2021

128. Pizza and Taco: Best Party Ever


Pizza and Taco: Best Party Ever (Pizza and Taco #2) Stephen Shashkan. 2021. [January] 72 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence:
Pizza: I'm bored.
Taco: What do you want to do?
Pizza: I don't want to sit around and do nothing. What do you want to do?
Taco: I don't know!

Premise/plot: Pizza and Taco are back for their second adventure in Best Part Ever. The two start out BORED as can be. The case seems hopeless...until one of them gets the idea to throw a party. The two go all out with party planning. Will this be the BEST PARTY EVER? Or are the two demonstrating how NOT to throw a party?

My thoughts: I loved this one. I absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. It was brilliant from the start. Pizza and Taco couldn't be more relatable! I loved their invitation list which gives readers a chance to meet other characters in this world. They ended up inviting: Cake and Icecream, the Chicken Tender twins, Hamburger and Hotdog, and Cheeseburger.

My absolute favorite, favorite scene occurs when ICE CREAM hears a clap of thunder. He has a MELT DOWN--with lots of screaming--because he's afraid of loud noises.

I definitely recommend this series. Very silly. Very fun.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: