Monday, August 2, 2021

98. Isobel Adds It Up


Isobel Adds It Up. Kristy Everington. Illustrated by Ag Ford. 2021. [June] 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Isobel loved math. She loved the soft curves of the number three, the hard edge of seven, and how numbers always made sense to her.

Premise/plot: Isobel, our heroine, has a difficult time finding peace and quiet after noisy neighbors move in next door. Without that quiet, how can she settle into her math homework? This situation calls for some problem-solving, and not the math-on-paper kind. Can Isobel find a way to get her neighbors to settle down?

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. I was drawn to it because of the elephant on the cover. I thought it was fun that the neighbors that SOUNDED LIKE A HERD OF ELEPHANTS actually were an elephant family!!! I liked that Bernadette (the elephant) was able to make friends with Isobel. I liked that they both love math. Seeing these two work on their homework together was just fun.


 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: