Thursday, August 19, 2021

122. Amelia Earhart and the Flying Chariot


Amelia Earhart and the Flying Chariot. (Time Twisters #4) Steve Sheinkin. 2019. 176 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: The bell rang. The kids cheered. "Okay, guys," Ms. Maybee told her fourth grade class, see you Monday!"

Premise/plot: Abby and Doc are EXHAUSTED after a week spent trying to keep history on track and "fixed." But there's no rest for the weary. In this fourth adventure, Abby and Doc are kept busy, busy, busy. It all starts when Abby finds in place of her glasses, Amelia Earhart's GOGGLES. Doc's hat is missing as well. So they start their adventures...and they're really kept jumping through time.

My thoughts: It was the title of this one that made me seek out the series. And for that I am thankful! I definitely enjoyed some of the titles in this series. This one had a LOT going on. Including the introduction of Sally, a girl being homeschooled, who has been wanting to join in on the adventures. But it was a little too much for me perhaps. I don't know why the silliness should start to annoy me now. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood to appreciate this one?

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: