Wednesday, January 1, 2020

1. Two for Me, One For You

Two for Me, One For You. Jorg Muhle. 2019. 32 pages. [Source: Library] [Picture Book]

First sentence: On her way home, Bear found three mushrooms.

Premise/plot: Bear and Weasel both love, love, love mushrooms. So when Bear brings three mushrooms home, both are excited—but not excited to share. Bear thinks she should get two mushrooms since she found them. Weasel thinks he should get two mushrooms because he cooked them. Will these two friends stay friends if they can’t agree on what’s fair?!?!

My thoughts: This one was recently translated into English. I am not sure if many little ones would understand why anyone would fight over mushrooms!!! But all ages can relate to conflicts and fights over sharing and what is “fair”.

I love, love, love mushrooms. I do. I have had many many many conflicts over dividing up mushrooms fairly. I feel I have lived out this one! I think this story would get two thumbs up from any hobbit!!!

Text: 5/5
Illustrations: 5/5
Total:10/10
 


© 2020 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: