Thursday, January 16, 2020

9. Pig the Tourist

Pig the Tourist. (Pig the Pug #7) Aaron Blabey. 2020. [February] 32 pages. [Source: Review copy] [Animal fantasy; picture book]

First sentence: Pig was a pug and I’m sorry to say, when he went on vacation he’d cause great dismay.

Premise/plot: Pig the Pug has his own series. It is a long series. Blabey is kept busy writing this and other series. The story is written in rhyme. In this adventure, Pig causes trouble, trouble, and more trouble.

My thoughts: I am not a fan of the series. I think the illustrations keep me from actually enjoying the books. The text is enjoyable enough. For little ones that do love the series, that do love dogs, that do like comic mischief...this one will probably be a hit.

Text: 4/5
Illustrations:1/5
Total: 5/10


© 2020 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: