Thursday, December 26, 2019

Serious Goose

Serious Goose. Jimmy Kimmel. 2019. [December] 40 pages. [source: Library]

First sentence: This is a serious goose.

Premise/plot: Jimmy Kimmel introduces readers to a very serious not at all silly goose in his picture book for young readers. He wrote and illustrated the book—this shows because they go together splendidly. I couldn’t imagine one without the other. So the plot is simple, can anybody or anything turn this serious goose into a silly one?! What will it take to make this goose giggle or smile?!

My thoughts: I was always terrible at “Poor, Poor Kitty.” Perhaps even the world’s worst Poor, Poor Kitty player. Probably because I am totally a silly goose. This one is good for a couple of laughs. I definitely enjoyed reading it. I think it would be a good choice for parents to read aloud. I think the page with the mirror is great fun for the intended age group.

Text: 5/5
Illustrations: 5/5
Total: 10/10


© 2019 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: