Thursday, November 16, 2023

301. Tig & Lily #2 Party Animals


Party Animals (Tig and Lily #2) Dan Thompson. 2023. [September] 96 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: There is not much going on around here.

Premise/plot: Lily is loving her "boring" day. Napping seems to be the oh-so-perfect way to spend the day. Tig, her smaller companion "tiger," is BORED, BORED, BORED. Tig wants to have a party. He has everything figured out...or does he?

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I absolutely loved, loved, loved the first book. The second book is good just not as good--for me. Lily is adorable being persistent as she tries and fails to invite the other zoo animals to the party. Still I think Lily would have preferred to stay asleep if given a real choice. But parties are always big in children's books...and naps are to be resisted.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: