Wednesday, November 15, 2023

300. Board book: Let's Eat Fruits and Vegetables from A to Z


Let's Eat! Fruits and Vegetables from A-Z. Jacqueline Brooks. Illustrated by Davide Ortu. 2023. 20 pages. [Source: Library] [Board book]

First sentence: From A to Z, Avocado to Zucchini, let's learn about some fruits and veggies! Aa Avocado Asparagus Bb Banana Beet Cc Cherry Carrot

Premise/plot: Concept book for little ones "teaching" the "concept" of fruits and vegetables. 

My thoughts: Why all the quotes??? Well, I'm not sure all the examples classify as either fruit or vegetable. They just happen to fulfill alphabetical needs. Is quinoa a fruit or vegetable? Is vanilla? Maybe???? Maybe not. 

I did not find this one entertaining and I found myself overthinking. That's not the author's fault obviously.

 

© 2023 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: